Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Introducing Possibility #3

Our Guy



 



Here he is.  May he burrow mightily.

It was an interesting morning.  The transfer was scheduled for 1pm, but the lab called my wife at 10am to say our little guy was starting to hatch and we needed to get in as soon as we could.  Somehow she managed to drink three water bottles full of water in fifteen minutes and she was ready to go.  The transfer itself went a little more smoothly than it did last time and that felt good.  The RE was in and out with the catheter with not one bump in the road.

It was really emotional for me this time.  That snuck up on me.  I was practically checked out when the lab folks were walking us through the consent and information about the embryo.  I'm not sure I heard any of the details.  I continue to believe that this will happen.  We will get pregnant.  I'm sure of that.  But, this isn't our first rodeo.  I know the road we're headed for.  The waiting and the worry and the hormones.  And the only place I'm sure that road ends is in sadness and loss.  I don't want to end up there again.

The good news is that my wife feels calm this time.  She gave me a hug when we got back to the procedure room and I checked back in.  I could feel her optimism.  She's tired of the appointments and the drugs and the needles and the way less riding and running and the feeling fat and the being emotional for what (so far) feels like no reason, but she's ready for the next round.  She's tired, but she's carrying on.  If she can do it, surely I can do it too.

1 comments:

I love all 2.0000001 of you!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More