Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's that time of year.  Thanksgiving is a holiday that I actually like.  Well, I can't say I enjoy the family drama and the forced sense of togetherness and connection, but I like the idea of Thanksgiving.  I appreciate it more in the abstract than the concrete, which is actually how I appreciate most things.

This year we are having our first "just us" Thanksgiving and that feels great.  Of  course I was really hoping that there would be 2.0001 of us, but I'm glad for just the 2.  We're a good 2.  I'll take us.  Glad for the first steps towards the traditions that our family will create.  Here are a few things that are on the agenda for today:


  • A good, long family hike

  • Creating a meal that we actually like.  Neither of us gets all that excited about turkey or the food coma that accompanies this holiday, so we're thinking along the lines of good, clean food that doesn't incapacitate us.

  • Perhaps a movie together on the couch

2 comments:

Wifebian and I didnt have a Thankgiving alone, but we did have it without family. It was good. with a capital g.

Sounds perfect. I'm jealous. With a capital j...

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More