Friday, March 18, 2011

My Favorite Things at Seven Months

Now that I feel a bit more settled in my new Momma role I have discovered a handful of baby items that I absolutely love.

5. This book.



This is just the sweetest, loveliest book.  Not even the sound of a tooting Yogi (books have a dependably laxative effect on my child) can override the sweetness of this one.  Love it.

4. Sir Prance a Lot

Sir Prance a Lot is this guy's actual name, although we refer to him as Horsey.  Yogi loves this guy and he goes everywhere we go. Sir Prance a Lot's best feature are his crunchy hooves.  Whole minutes of fun.

3. The zzzZip Me Sack from Swaddle Designs.



We got the left most sack as a baby gift and I immediately fell in love and wanted one of my own.  At the time Yogi was still being swaddled and not quite ready, but as soon as the swaddle fighting got serious he graduated to the sleep sack.  He loves it.  It is unbelievably soft and he happily zips in for both naps and bedtime.

2. The Ergo Baby.


I use this every day, frequently multiple times a day.  We had a Bjorn when Yogi was first born and after paying for that I was resistant when my wife started talking about the Ergo Baby.  They are NOT cheap, but ours is worth every penny we spent on it.  We bought the performance carrier and while it is the least cute of all of the options, the fabric is cool and breathable which is a must with our roasty, toasty baby.  The primary reason that I love the Ergo is that it settles the bulk of the weight on your hips, making it MUCH easier to wear for long periods of time.  The Bjorn concentrated all of the weight on your shoulders which wore me out much more quickly.  Using the same carrier, you can wear the baby on your front, back or hip.

1. My hands-down #1 favorite is ......................I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE BabyLegs.  Not only are they super cute and colorful, but they are totally practical.  We got our first few pairs as hand-me-downs from a friend who I initially thought was nuts for giving us adult sized socks for our three-month old.  When I realized that I had little leg warmers and not socks, I was hooked.  They keep the little guy warm and I don't have to take off pants for diaper changes.  After seeing pictures of toddlers wearing them as arm warmers under t-shirts, I'm even considering borrowing them for cool weather running.  They are a bit pricy in my view at $12/pair, but you can find great deals on them online and particularly on Ebay.  Check out their website for more info.  Ok, one final picture.  This (obviously) isn't my kid, but how cute are these things?



So what's on your list?  I would love to know! :)

4 comments:

On our list: Sophie the giraffe (Beeze loves her), a Sherpa mat for her crib, our moby wrap, the book "five little monkeys," our iPod docking station, and also baby legwarmers.

Love my ergo too. Just bought some infant leg warmers on etsy. They are gorgeous and well made and much much cheaper!

Do you remember the shop/vendor you purchased from? I would love to check it out.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More