Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yogi's Latest Trick

Watching the little guy learn new things is mostly exciting, but it can also be frustrating.

His latest trick?  Pulling his bib off his neck.  In case I haven't mentioned this here, my son was a St. Bernard in his last life.  Surely.  It is the only way to explain the unbelievable amount of drool that he produces.  He has been this drooly since maybe the first month and in spite of what everyone says when the drooling becomes apparent to them, there is not a tooth in sight.  I really think I'm right on the money with the St. Bernard thing.

At any rate, a drooly baby who loves to pull his bib right off as soon as you put it on is a wet baby.  I can only replace the bib so many times and I think it just eggs him on anyway.  The "putting the bib back on" game is not nearly as entertaining for me as it seems to be for him.  So when he starts in on the bib I've just decided to let it go.  It means lots of clothes changes as the front of his shirt now functions as a bib, but what can you do?

 

2 comments:

Hi, I just found your blog and got all caught up on your journey.... man, is Yogi cute!!! Anyways, I'm really happy to have found you as a lot of what you were going through regarding the grad school decisions, SAHM decisions, etc, apply to my partner and I and are something we've been struggling with as prepare to TTC. It's nice to read and learn from others' experiences.

I look forward to seeing what new tricks Yogi learns next... maybe he'll learn how to put his own bib back on. ;-)

I am now on the lookout for a bib featuring one of those little casks of brandy those dogs wear when they're sent out into the Alps looking for people trapped in avalanches.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More