Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day #6

A PICTURE OF SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY



I couldn't settle on one thing, so I decided on a collage.  The picture on the bottom left is not me or anyone I know, but it is someone in Half Moon pose.  I LOVE hot yoga and particularly this pose and hope to get back into practice in the future.  Right above that is a picture of my current obsession - Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They are obscenely good and I am including the recipe because I think everyone should have it.  I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. :)

NGREDIENTS


  • 2 cups flour (all-purpose or half whole-wheat/half all-purpose – all whole-wheat is too grainy)

  • 1 1/3 cups oats (quick-cooking or rolled)

  • 1 tsp baking soda

  • 3/4 tsp salt

  • 1 tsp cinnamon

  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg

  • 1/2 tsp ginger

  • 1 cup sugar



  • 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil

  • 2 tbl honey

  • 1 cup mashed pumpkin

  • 2 tsp vanilla

  • 1 tbl ground flaxseeds



  • 1 11.5oz  pkg milk or dark chocolate chips


PREPARATION

  1. Mix dry ingredients (flour through sugar)  in a medium bowl.

  2. Mix wet ingredients (oil through flax) in a large bowl.

  3. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 batches.

  4. Fold in chocolate chips

  5. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper **Cookies will not spread, so feel free to put them an inch apart**

  6. Bake at 350 for 16 minutes

2 comments:

A collage: perfect idea! These are great. I also love hot yoga (the camel pose is my favorite) but haven't been in over a year.

TOTALLY going to try those cookies!

What is hot yoga? As a grad student, I recently discovered that I have a free membership to the gym on campus where they have yoga classes. I've never done Yoga myself (save the Wii...) but want to get into it.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More