Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day #8

TRAVEL



During the summer of 2009 we spent 10 days honeymooning in the Pacific Northwest.  Although our wedding had been nine months before, we waited patiently for summer and the timing was perfect.  I was between summer school sessions and my wife had just taken her final Board exam.  We flew into Seattle and played in the city a few days before making the trek to the Olympic National Park where we spent the bulk of the vacation playing outside and hiking.  Olympic was a great pick as we were able to spend time in so many varied places from the mountains at Hurricane Ridge to the Hoh Rainforest to the lowland forest of Lake Crescent and the coast at La Push.  I loved every second of it.  We had wonderful conversation and yummy seafood and great wine.  We headed back to Seattle for the last leg of the trip.  On our final full day we ran  a half-marathon together.  My wife had been helping me train for months, but it was the first time I had ever raced that distance and it felt great to cross the finish with her beside me.

2 comments:

That sounds like a GREAT trip! I love the metaphor that running a marathon together on your honeymoon brings. :)

Beautiful! sounds like a great trip...but um, a half marathon? Definitely not our kind of vacation ;)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More