Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fifteen Months

Today my baby is fifteen months. F.I.F.T.E.E.N months.  My oh my.

Every day this kid gets more fun.  More aware, more connected, more himself.  And lots funnier.

Here are some of the highlights of Yogi at 15 months.
  • The Lonely Firefly is his very most favorite book.  Unlike any other book, when he gets to the end he wants to read it again.  He also likes to walk around carrying it, which is funny bc it's not small.
  • He finally graduated from the sleep sack a few weeks ago.  He of course didn't even seem to notice the shift, but my wife continues to worry that he's cold.  Such is the way of things.
  • Stacking and putting one thing inside of another thing is thrilling
  • Pretending to sneeze is hilarious.  We have played the "Aaaaaa - Choooooo" game for minutes on end.  This is a long time in toddler-world.
  • Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is his favorite song and he prefers it be sung a minimum of three times in a row.
  • We bought him size 4 diapers, but when we got them on they looked pretty big.  Thinking his still a 3.
  • He loves school and he gets very excited about walking back to his room.
  • If we allowed it he would eat nothing but tofu with graham cracker breading, mozzarella cheese and bananas.
  • Grandpa (my wife's Dad) is something of an obsession.  I made him a little book with pictures of his family inside and he only wants to look at pages that include Grandpa.  He points and points at his picture and he smiles when we say "Grandpa".
  • Every time he gets close to something that he knows he has been told is "not a toy", he looks at us as if asking for confirmation.  When we confirm that it's a "no", he happily moves along to something else.  I so hope this lasts....
  • Diaper changes are getting harder and harder.  He DOES NOT want to lie on his back when he could be sitting up or even better, walking around.
  • He loves to snuggle.  That's my boy!  :)

5 comments:

HP lovesssss Grandpa too. Have you tried to change a diaper with him standing up? I can't do it!

We love the fake sneeze too! So. Cute.

Happy fifteen months, handsome Yogi! I love a boy who loves a snug and a fake sneeze! R.

So sweet!

I can't imagine diaper changes getting any more challenging. The other stuff I look forward to experiencing with our guy though.

Jessie - I have certainly tried the standing-up diaper change, but so far it hasn't worked. All that movement is just too much for me to deal with.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More