Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaBloPoMo and Let's Play Pretend

It is entirely possibly (likely?) that I am losing my mind, but I'm doing NaBloPoMo this month.  Yes, you read that right.  I am doing NaNoWriMo AND NaBloPoMo during the month of November, a month which also features nine days of travel (two separate trips), the arrival of babies for two of my closest friends, and not a babysitting grandparent in sight.  I said I wanted to focus on writing, didn't I?  I'm thinking it's put-up-or-shut-up time.

So, in case you haven't heard of these events, here's a little information:

NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) - encourages bloggers to post new content during each day in November.  The BlogHer site (link embedded above) provides prompts each day to keep you motivated. 

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) - challenges writers to write 50,000 original words in 30 days.  This is a HUGE event with a recently updated website that offers resources like message boards, the occasional emailed pep talk and local in-your-neighborhood groups that organize for events like write-ins.  I did this for the first time last year and it was a fabulous experience.  I can't recommend it enough.

If you need a little more encouragement to jump on the NaBloPoMo train, there are other fun folks who are taking this challenge with me.  You can look forward to a post a day from:

Puffer
Lesbian Dad
Reproducing Genuis

If you're participating and you're not one of the folks I've linked to, please leave your blog in the comments and I'll add you in. The more the merrier!

Perhaps I've been influenced by the magic of the Blog Carnival, but I would be even more excited about this event if we could get together a little sub group of lesbian Mommy bloggers and post on topics that matter to us.  I'm pretty sure I've waited too late on this one, but if anyone is game and wants to get together a list of prompts send me an email (loveinventsus@gmail.com) and we can work on it together.

***You may notice that this post is NOT dated November 2.  What can I say except "Damn the draft folder!".  I could have sworn I hit "publish" last night before doing the dinner dishes, but Blogger is pretty insistent that I didn't.  So, looks like I'm off to a great start!  I've decided that the solution is to just play pretend.  I don't see any November 3 up there, looks like November 2 to me!***

2 comments:

I'm in! I'm also doing both projects!

I'm just...too...busy. Meh. But I love the list of topics so far and will post whenever I'm able.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More