Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh.My.Jesus.

The lab called.

We are pregnant!!!!!!!!!

I can barely type or even think straight.  She went in for the blood draw this AM and a little before 11am she got the call.  I teach a class at 11, but I was still in my office at a few minutes past the hour (unusual - I'm crazy punctual) when my cell phone rang.  Her voice sounded almost like it was vibrating.  I don't even remember what she said.  I guess she said "We're pregnant!", but I don't remember exactly.  I just knew that the news from the RE had been good.  Somehow I managed to ask what her beta was bc I remember reading about the importance of that number, but I'm not sure what she said.  It seems like she said 49, but now I'm not sure.  All I am sure of is that I expected to hear a number that was closer to 100 if not a little over and I didn't hear that.  For sure.

Since getting out of class I have been reading about betas and in spite of not knowing exactly what our number is, I feel good damnit.  It may not be a high number, but it's high enough.  We're out-of-town tmw so will have to wait until Monday for the next number, but until we find out something different, I'm hanging on to this.

Today my wife and I are pregnant.

7 comments:

OHMYGAWD! Congratulations! Betabase.something is good once you have a second beta. So excited for you girls!

Wow that is absolutely fantastic news! Congratulations, so happy for you both!

Congratulations!!! That is absolutely awesome news!!

Just navigated over via the "basement" and wanted to say CONGRATS!

well that is just awesome. congratulations!

MAZEL TOV! So so exciting. Congratulations, ladies!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More