Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Bean has a Gestational Sac!!!!

This morning we got fabulous news at the RE's office.  It took the sonographer awhile to get the view right, but once she did the little tiny sac was clearly there.  It's measuring 5 weeks and 1 day.  We've had so many ultrasounds over  the last few months, but this one was the hardest.  That moment that stretches on and on in which no one is saying anything and I have no idea what I'm looking at.  I think it would be easier if neither of us knew, but my wife is a radiologist so reading ultrasounds is what she does.  I know that as soon as an image appears, she's reading it and I am in the dark until somebody starts talking.  Oh well, it doesn't last long and I should really welcome opportunities to practice patience.  At least that's my reaction today, because we are HAVING A BABY!!!!

I've been thinking that we would get good news this morning, but my good feelings haven't been the best predictor in the past.  My wife has been feeling pretty good physically though and we weren't sure what that might mean.  It's a little sick, but any  time she voices the slightest complaint, I get really excited.  The only symptoms/unusual happenings have been:


  • Fairly significant heartburn on Saturday night

  • Overall slowdown with her runs.  In the last week, her effort has remained typical and her pace has slowed considerably (almost a min/mile slower)

  • Heart palpitations throughout the day on Wednesday


Our next appointment will be in two weeks when we will be listening for the heartbeat.  Man oh man, that is hard to believe.  I don't know how I'll react when I hear that.  I cried this AM about a practically microscopic dot on a screen, so sound is likely to push me right over the edge.  I can't wait.  I can't think of a better way to end the year.

5 comments:

Congrats on seeing the sac! Best wishes for 2010 and your first chance to hear your baby's heartbeat!

I was holding my breath for good news for you. Congrats and happy new year!

gestational sacs will be all the rage in 2010!

Thanks for stopping my blog. I think I owe you a huge CONGRATS! as well. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More