Friday, December 11, 2009

Priorities or The Car Goes Where the Eyes Go

I've had two good needle days so far.  I'm talking "Oh!  Is it already done?"  kind of good.  Music to my ears.  While it's true that I have been head needle slinger around here for almost six months, I'm crediting this new ease with a new attitude.  Well, it's not really a brand new attitude, it's more of a readjustment.

All of this is about our baby.  It's ALL for the baby.  For our family.

There are many things about this process that are hard and painful, but they can't become the focus.  We can't let them distract us.  These challenges exist and they demand some emotional space, but that space needs to be on the periphery.  Our family and this baby need to be in the center.

So, that is my focus this cycle.  I recently read  The Art of Racing in the Rain and the dog in that book (yes the dog) made a good observation.  He says that the car goes where the eyes go and I think he's right.

So, yeah it's expensive and yeah I have fairly significant needle anxiety.  Yeah, my wife feels like a chubby pincushion and the skin on her backside has been red and irritated since the summer from a combination of injections, estrogen patches and the waterproof adhesive she covers them with so they sort of stay on when she runs.  And you better believe that not getting pregnant after IVF is so scary that it's hard to breathe sometimes.  And yeah, we've cancelled two vacations and put more $$ than we will probably be able to  use in her flexible spending account bc we thought we would be delivering before we will be, but ultimately none of that matters.

All that matters is our baby.

1 comments:

omg! the rich landlord with the crazy mother was telling me about that book. i need a good elf help book right about now . . .

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More