Saturday, January 9, 2010

Five More Days & Book Recommendation Request

I'm not sure when this tendency towards counting down days and waiting might end, but for now I am very aware that in five short days we will hear our babies' heartbeat.  At least, that is what we are hoping to hear.  What we should hear if all is well and I do think that all is well.  My wife is feeling low-grade tired throughout the day, going to bed earlier than usual and reporting vague nausea and headache.  It all sounds good to  me.

In the meantime, I've gotten started with my pregnancy/baby reading.  I've held myself back on this one for months now, but it feels like it's actually time.  At the moment I am reading Naomi Wolf's Misconceptions.  Reading books is one of my primary ways of feeling connected and informed and I'm thinking it may be even more important with this experience given that I am not having the physical experience of pregnancy.  So, if anyone is out there I would LOVE book recommendations.  Anything you've read that you found meaningful or helpful?  Anything to stay away from?  I would love to hear anything you all would be willing to share.

In other news, my wife is thinking about joining me on the blog from time to time.  I am super excited about this, but it does create a problem.  What do we call ourselves?  I know the ladies from http://www.baointheoven.com/ have been recently dealing with this same issue and it's not an easy one.  I don't want the names to be too serious or too silly and I have to be able to type the word with a straight face.  It's not as easy as it seems.  So, I'm thinking.  Working on it.

4 comments:

The Our bodies, Ourselves Guide to Pregnancy and Birth was excellent and inclusive. Glad your wife will join you.

Are you opposed to using your real names? What about initials? I really liked the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy

Gawd! No initials PLEASE. imo too many use them and it's just not as personal as a name even if the name is silly. I read a lot of blogs and it jus gets too confusing to remember each bloggers story. Their story is how i connect to their journey however short or long it might be.

farmer femme had a list on her blog a couple of days ago as far as books, and i am also anti initial. i kind of support generic names like Wifebian or Husbian or hersbian or wifey or whatev. But i most prefer cute nicknames. that are not in the same category. Like chocolate and cocoa would be bad, but chocolate and shovel would be good. and thats . . . my two cents!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More