Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day #3

FIRST LOVE

I've taken the liberty of adding the word fantasy between the words FIRST and LOVE and here she is:



This is Amy Ray and she is most certainly my first love.  I'm fairly certain I can track the moment I knew I was gay to my (first) watching of this live concert:



I was getting suspicious when I realized that her voice had such a strange effect on me.  Is it normal for a 13 year-old to listen to Romeo and Juliet and Tried to be True alone in her room on repeat play?  Watching that concert cleared it all right up.  The black guitar, the swagger, the tattoo.  I was in and I was in big.  Twenty years later she still tops my celebrity crush list.  She's got it all - that unbelievable voice, the seeming shyness, the understated but clear geek factor, and a great smile.  Also, she's crazy sexy.  At least to me.

4 comments:

Straight Girl Says: Amen, sister! She IS crazy sexy!

Oh my gosh, ME TOO!!! I met her an Emily a couple of years ago at a record store in Louisville before they performed at Kentuckiana Pride and she was SO VERY NICE. I told her how much "Let it Ring" has affected my life and, I promise you, we had a moment. I had tears in my eyes talking about the song and got a little vehclemped and she was just so caring.

Once I get back on Facebook after Lent, I'll have to find the video from that day and post it on my blog! :)

You're going to have to fight me for Amy!

So cute. Tiff is a huge fan and considers herself apart of the IG religion.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More