Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day #2

MEANING BEHIND YOUR BLOG NAME

I chose Love Invents Us as the name of this blog for a few reasons.  The first is that I'm a big book person and so I borrowed the title from a book written by Amy Bloom.  The title of that book stuck with me long after the story had faded and years before I started this blog, because I am intrigued by the creative nature of love.  I think that in many ways, love DOES invent us, in ways both literal and figurative.  Love creates something that wasn't there before and the fact of that inspires me.

Have you ever seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch?  Although no one I know enjoyed this movie nearly as much as I did, I think it is ALL about the idea of creative/inventive love.  Here is a clip that says it all.







Happy Saturday!

 

5 comments:

After reading your post, I'm not sure I will ever think of Hedwig and the Angry Inch the same way.

love love love hedwig! went too many times to count on jane st in nyc (the theater). was even there for ally sheedy's opening night (and that was a short-lived lead). so YES - i'm right there with you re: creative love!

Oh and I love your new blog header. Sweet boy.

Ooh, I THOUGHT it must be an Amy Bloom reference! I love me some Amy Bloom. She bridges the great career divide between Uno and I, being a therapist writer all in one.

You've inspired me to look the book up on Amazon... and check it out at my local library next time we go! I love me a new book referral. =)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More