Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day#12

Before I get to the challenge I have to break the big news.  Yogi has teeth!!!!  Plural.  They aren't really full blown teeth yet, but they're still great.  What they are are actually two white ridges in the bottom center of his gums.  Hooray!

WHAT YOU BELIEVE

I'm a believer by nature.  I  love to believe; in people, in ideas, in whatever you got.  If you've read The Life of Pi (Yann Martel) and remember this quote:

“I know what you want. You want a story that won’t surprise you. That will confirm what you already know. That won’t make you see higher or further or differently.”

I don't want that at all.  I want the story that surprises.  I want the zoo animals and the ocean and the lifeboat and all of it.  I want to live in a world where something like that is possible.  This is something I have to watch out for.  On every personality measure you can find I am dangerously low in skepticism.  Lucky for me my wife has a black belt in skepticism.  It's one of the things I love about her and it certainly comes in handy.

So, let's see.  I believe:


  • In a creative intelligence that sometimes I call God and sometimes I call the Universe

  • Everything is connected to everything else

  • Love changes forms, but never just ceases to be

  • People are inherently good

  • Like love, the soul is eternal

  • Opening up is always better than closing off

  • The space within the question is the most intimate space of all

  • Depth is more fun than breadth

  • Trusting someone when they show (rather than tell) you who they are is both a heart and a time saver

2 comments:

Yep, you are a sweet person. I am not as sweet :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More