Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Untitled

I love Yogi.  I love writing.  I love writing about Yogi.  I love creating a kind of record of the early years of our family.  Unfortunately, I don't love trying to organize a coherent post in the scattered minutes I have to sit down and write.  This has been a frustration since I started.  In my personal blog I have come up with a way to handle this by having certain topics that I blog about on certain days (family life on Monday, food on Wednesday and books on Friday).  A schedule.  I should also mention that I love a schedule.  I am one of those strange people who experience organization and structure as liberating. *  My pulse slows just thinking about it.  But, how to have a schedule for a baby blog?  There is no way to know what kinds of things might make interesting topics from one day to the next, much less week after week.  Just the idea of a schedule makes Yogi giggle.

At the moment, I have no answer to this but I'm working on it.  Giving it some thought.  If you have ideas, please share in the comments.  Hopefully I'll come up with something soon. :)

* In Myers-Briggs (MBTI) parlance I am an INFJ.  I am actually an INFJ superfreak as my score on each of the four facets are out at the tails of the distribution.  I am VERY introverted, intuitive, feeling and judging.  Very.  I love this kind of thing, so if you know your type leave it in the comments.  I would love to know.

Also, bc I know you check this blog for the pictures...... here's a recent shot of the boy.    Can you believe bear pants are appropriate for May?

image

17 comments:

I am an INFJ also! It's interesting that our INFJ-ness has led us to somewhat related professions--I am a speech-language pathologist.

Good luck finding a schedule. I, too, am liberated by structure. The organization aisle of Staples? Heaven.

1) I'm an ISFJ.... I think. It's been awhile since I took the test but when I did it I remember thinking how well it fit me.

2) Yogi is adorable, as always

3) If they made those bear pants in adult sizes, I would TOTALLY wear them... he makes them look so comfortable!

Me too, INFJ. Super INFJ. Which explains why the way you write/think feels familiar/home-like to me.

And Yogi has the best expressions in the world. They are priceless.

so cute, and no i can't believe bear pants are appropriate for may.

I think bear pants are always appropriate.

I super love those bear pants. Fondly, an INTP

Oh my Buddha. I love those bear pants!!!! Where did you get those? Also...I too, find schedules strangely liberating. I get much mire accomplished with a schedule. Blogging just doesn't fit well with the rest of my organized life!

Damn, I gotta send my bear pants to the cleaners! I'm an all out ENFP. And no one is every surprised by THAT result for me!

ISFJ here. Middle-ish on the first 2, but well into the last 2.

Can I nibble on those little bear feet?

How funny is that?! INFJ's represent less than 1% of the population, so it's funny to run into one! :)

My wife is an ISFJ! Good people. ;)

And sure, Yogi loves a nibble!

We found them on Ebay, but they are BabyGap.

No clue re the Myers-Briggs. I used to know but can't remember. That right there probably fits me into some category or other!
How about eating, sleeping, and playing/activities as categories, with the occasional "milestone!" thrown in as needed? Those are the big 3 at our house, for sure.

Right? Though in the English departments I've worked for, we've been around 10%. Oh, humanities. ;)

Whoa- I am INFJ too, although I have "T" tendencies as well. Chunk had paw pants in 3mo size and that feels like a lifetime ago! Beautiful baby and what a look of curosity!

INTJ. And a 5 on the enneagram. And a general lurker on blogs :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More