Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 7 - Yum!

What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? If you have children, what are their favorites?

At this point Yogi is a milk man.  He's beginning to expand into bread and occasionally pea territory, but the boy loves milk.  LOVES it.  As for me, I like the Vermillion approach to typical and favorite, so here goes.

BREAKFAST - My typical breakfast is a Green Smoothie with 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of milk, lots of spinach and a handful of ice cubes.  Delicious.  Breakfast is my favorite meal, so I have lots of favorites.  A fluffy omelet with lots of veggies and goat cheese or feta, accompanied by a hearty toast with an interesting jam.  I will always eat a good breakfast burrito, particularly one with sweet potatoes, guacamole and a quality salsa.  A waffle and/or pancakes with peanut butter and a splash of syrup is also welcome.

LUNCH - My typical lunch is either hummus and pretzels with a side of fruit (usually an orange or cherries) or if I'm in a rush, the 90 second in the microwave Madras Lentils by Tasty Bite.  Yogi and I occasionally meet my wife for lunch at Panera, and there I like the creamy tomato soup and the tomato mozzarella panini.  Pretty good for a chain restaurant.

DINNER - My typical dinner is some kind of grain (quinoa, farro) with lots of vegetables and a big salad involving dried cherries and balsamic vinaigrette.   A few of my favorite dinners would be pizza, sushi, ahi tuna, scallops and/or oysters.  Not necessarily all at once. ;)

Man, I'm hungry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More