Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yogi (Legally) Has Two Mommies!!!



HOORAY!!!!  The adoption hearing was this morning and it went off without a hitch.  Yogi had to miss morning nap and required a paci while we waited, but he was a sport.  Smiling and charming everyone in the courthouse.  My parents weren't able to make it due to my Dad's chemo schedule, but my wife's parents came to town and we loved having the happy grandparents along.

Interestingly, it isn't quite accurate to say Yogi has two Mommies.  The legal adoption language talks about co-parents, but when it comes to his birth certificate the boy has a Mother (my wife) and a Father (me).  Gotta love that.  I hope to be one hell of a Father. :)

9 comments:

congratulations you guys!!! that's awesome.... I'm really happy for you and for Yogi of course.

Their birth certificate language- gah. No words. But at least you're all legally family now, right? right.

I'm pretty sure that - aside from a happy, healthy baby - this is the BEST thing. The super best thing. I am sorry that you had to jump through hoops to make legally true what was already absolutely true, but I'm so happy for all three of you that it's final. Congratulations on legal parenthood! May Yogi clap his way through the happiest of celebrations!

I'm sure you're already one hell of a father! Congratulations!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll make one kick ass dad. ;)

Congratulations on making it legal, but that's still effed up about the birth certificate. Great picture!

Congrats! Cant believe you have to be listed as father. WTH!

[...] at the same time, I’ve celebrated with Yogi’s moms, whose second parent adoption came through this week. As I walk through the sadness and fear of knowing that, when Rabbit River is born, I’ll have [...]

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More