Monday, September 12, 2011

Live Wire

I have felt like a buzzing, sparking live wire all day.  This is far from my first TTC rodeo, but today the wait was different.  I've been preoccupied and alternately worried and excited since the transfer, but today was something else entirely.  I haven't been this anxious since graduate school.  Yogi and I went to a play date this AM during which I simultaneously carried on a conversation with four Moms, kept Yogi from dismantling a DVD player, ran my grocery list (organized by section) through my head on an endless loop, and sat on my hands to keep from typing a small subset of the things running through my mind.  Wowza.  That level of anxiety is exhausting and thankfully no longer my general state.

But...... who cares about any of that?!!  Today we are pregnant!

It was VERY hard to wait all.damn.day, but my wife sent a text with the numbers 280 and many, many exclamation points (my wife isn't an exclamation point person so I love when she uses them and REALLY loves when she abuses them) and I didn't care what time it was.  She called immediately afterward although we were both much too excited to actually talk.

I'm doing what I can not to over-analyze the number, but.... 280?!!!  It is true that today was 11 days post transfer of a day 6 blastocsyst and that is pretty far along for a 1st beta.  However, as a point of comparison - 10 days post transfer of a 5 day blastocyst that would become Yogi, our beta (it was the 2nd) was 157.  Hard not to compare.

280 feels like a HUGE number.

No way to know for sure until the ultrasound.

Patience is a virtue.

12 comments:

Your text was the best part of my day. Hug your wife for me. Love you both!

Our first beta with Curly was over 500, although that was not a result of transferring three.. ;) I think it all depends on if it doubles, triples, quadruples. On pins and needles!

Awesome. Thrilled for you both!

woo HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yogi's going to be a big brother!!! So excited for all three of you. xo

Ok WHAT??? WOWwowwow! Congrats! I'm gone a month and I miss this? Aaah! Congrats again!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. I went to the grocery after reading your "280!!!" post yesterday, and I walked the aisles grinning like a tool. Also, I called my mom and two friends to tell them. They don't know you, of course, but I couldn't contain my excitement!

WAHOO!!! SO excited for you guys.

That is amazing - congratulations!!

Fantastic news. Congratulations!

Raine

woo-hoo!!! Sorry to be a late commenter. I was on vacation. So happy for you!

first beta with my twins was 263... could be two for you!

Congrats! I had a good feeling about this one!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More