Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some Days You Just Want to Eat a Sheep



That isn't strictly true (at least for me - Yogi clearly has other impulses), but this picture has been the bright spot in my day.  A day that hasn't been bright.

First there is the fact that my father FINALLY went to the doctor this AM after running a fever (it was 105 yesterday) since last Saturday and they admitted him to the hospital.  He has spent the first week of each month since April undergoing four days of chemo and last week was one of those weeks.  Usually it takes a few days, but he bounces back and feels alright for the rest of the month.

This time it didn't happen that way.  According to my Mom, he hasn't gotten out of bed in four days.  That's what really got me.  I've never known my Dad to spend daylight hours in bed.  Certainly not for days in a row.  And now he's in the hospital and they are running tests.  Not good news.  Not at all.

Then there is the fact that my wife is leaving tmw for a workshop and she won't be back until late Saturday night.  That is three days of single Mom-ness during which I am sure to be completely preoccupied with thoughts (alternately optimistic and pessimistic) about whether or not we're pregnant and now anxiety and fear about what is going on with my Dad.

Also today Jen posted sad news about the struggle that her family has been dealing with and it has just broken my heart.  I've been reading their blog since I started my own and I feel like I know them in some small way.  If you read Adventures of Jen, Tiff and Chunk, head over there and let her know that she's not alone.

Tomorrow is another day.....

4 comments:

Pack some clothes. Put your son in your car. Put your dog in the car. Put the key in the ignition and just drive down here. We'll take care of you for the weekend! Hugs!

man, that is a rough day. I'm sorry about your dad... sending healing thoughts in his direction! hugs!

I think we have that sheep! Sorry about your Dad, wishing him healing and answers and hope the Yog gives you a nice easy single mom time of it this week.

I, too, am so saddened by what's going on with Jen right now.

I am SO sorry to hear about what is going on with your dad. My mom has had a very tough two years with numerous medical issues so I understand what you're going through. Hang in there- will be sending prayers your way.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More