Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Cute, Funny Wall but a Wall All the Same


Remember how November was going to be all about writing?

Yeah. me too.
It even was for the first twelve days.

I was on FIRE and I managed to write a little more than 16,000 words on a story that I really think is worth writing,  I had done all sorts of planning and preparation and getting to know my characters ahead of time and I was ready for go-time.  I also decided to go for a post a day on the blog because, you know, if you're going to do it you might as well just do it, right?

Then there was the long weekend and the family togetherness and the technological snafus and somehow..... I lost my momentum.

I started doing things like cleaning the house and cooking dishes that I've never tried before and watching 30 Rock during nap time.  (Aside - How did I miss this show?  I'm aware enough to know that Tina Fey is a pretty big deal these days, but I had no idea she was that funny.  I kinda wish I hadn't found out.)  Not writing.  That's the point.

Instead of writing I am watching television shows about writers.  I've hit the wall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More