Sunday, November 6, 2011

Peas and Thank You

My head is spinning from trying to keep my NaNoWriMo word count up (as of this moment I'm at 9,110 words!) so I'm relying on a prompt for today's post.  The topic?  Meal Time.

What's your families' current favorite meal?


Absolutely anything (and I do mean anything) from this cookbook.  I was entirely ignorant of her blog until a few months ago when a friend sent me the cookbook in the mail and now I'm hooked.  Sarah Matheny is my new BFF and I bet you'll like her too.  She's got everything you're looking for in a food/Mommy blogger.  Smart? Check. Funny? Check. Into healthy, yummy food?  Super check.  Also her little girls are adorable and she takes lots of pictures of them.   

To give you a flavor for what you can find, here is a list of all of the dishes we have made (and loved) from Peas and Thank You so far.
  • Chocolate Almond Cherry smoothie
  • Baked Oatmeal Squares (perfect for breakfast on the go)
  • Pumpkin Cream Pie Oat Bran
  • Spicy African Peanut soup
  • Panzanella salad
  • Skinny Elvis sandwiches (strawberries, cinnamon and almond butter-yum!)
  • My Kind of bar (just like Kind bars and WAY cheaper)
  • Better than Ever Black Bean burgers
  • Thai Veggie burgers
  • Pea Daddy's Jambalaya (My people are Cajun and I thought this was great)
  • Double Chocolate/Single Chin brownies
  • PB&J-filled cupcakes (I haven't made these yet, but yum!!!)

2 comments:

This all looks incredibly delicious, and right up our food alley! Thanks for the tip! R.

Oh good! I just love both the book and her blog. Lots of really great, healthy ideas.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More