My head is spinning from trying to keep my NaNoWriMo word count up (as of this moment I'm at 9,110 words!) so I'm relying on a prompt for today's post. The topic? Meal Time.
What's your families' current favorite meal?
Absolutely anything (and I do mean anything) from this cookbook. I was entirely ignorant of her blog until a few months ago when a friend sent me the cookbook in the mail and now I'm hooked. Sarah Matheny is my new BFF and I bet you'll like her too. She's got everything you're looking for in a food/Mommy blogger. Smart? Check. Funny? Check. Into healthy, yummy food? Super check. Also her little girls are adorable and she takes lots of pictures of them.
To give you a flavor for what you can find, here is a list of all of the dishes we have made (and loved) from Peas and Thank You so far.
- Chocolate Almond Cherry smoothie
- Baked Oatmeal Squares (perfect for breakfast on the go)
- Pumpkin Cream Pie Oat Bran
- Spicy African Peanut soup
- Panzanella salad
- Skinny Elvis sandwiches (strawberries, cinnamon and almond butter-yum!)
- My Kind of bar (just like Kind bars and WAY cheaper)
- Better than Ever Black Bean burgers
- Thai Veggie burgers
- Pea Daddy's Jambalaya (My people are Cajun and I thought this was great)
- Double Chocolate/Single Chin brownies
- PB&J-filled cupcakes (I haven't made these yet, but yum!!!)