Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful in 2011


There are so many things to be grateful for this year.  Now that the meal has been prepared, eaten and cleaned up, the rest of the family is watching football and I've got some time to reflect.  Here's my Thankful List for 2011.

  • Yogi.  I fall more deeply in love with this tiny person every minute.  I have no idea how my heart will bear it, but I trust that it has the stretching capacity that is required.
  • My wife.  My beautiful, patient wife who continues to amaze me with how very deeply she sees me. She just gets me in a way that helps me understand myself.  No small gift. 
  • Monkey.  What a blessing this little guys already is.  It will be hard to wait until May to meet her, but those are the rules.  ;)
  • My family.  The ones I have chosen and the ones that have been around from the beginning.  I have certainly been blessed in the family department.
  • This community.  I had no idea when I started writing here more than two years ago that I would find a space like this one.  In 2006 I had been writing about my wedding and in the course of that I met this lady who is the person who told me that I should write a TTC blog.  I had planned to stop writing bc I had been blogging to keep up with people I know and I wasn't interested in sharing the TTC journey with them.  It was literally this one person who led me to all of you.  If she hadn't said "What do you mean, you're going to stop writing?" I'm sure I wouldn't have done it.  So, I am grateful to Deseray and I am grateful to each and every one of you.  Thank you for reading and sharing your own stories and being a part of my world.  It's a better one because of you.
  • Crossing the finish line this morning with my son in the jogger ahead of me.  Yogi was likely the only person who crossed the finish line twice.  He went through the first time with his Mommy and then they backtracked to me and I was able to push him through for the second time.  How cool is that?  It was the perfect way to start the day.
  • The opportunity I have been given to stay home with Yogi.  Grateful, grateful, grateful.  Sharing this time with him is precious and devoting myself primarily to the care of my family is beyond precious.  
I might have to come back and add some more later, but for now I must go.  Pumpkin pie is being sliced!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More