Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sleep Beautiful Sleep

It's working!!!!!


Between the hours of 7:30pm and 6:00am there has been only one person in Yogi's room and that person (appropriately enough) is Yogi. Last night was night three and I have yet to have a breakdown. 

It was nice to know that you guys were cheering for us and I took the turn off the monitor/put in headphones advice and I only felt guilty about it for the first few minutes. I decided to leave the monitor on but turned the volume down all the way so that I could grab a quick look (we have the video version) if things got crazy sounding so that I could reassure myself that he wasn't actually in danger. It's been a great system and although I didn't time it (trying to keep my obsessiveness in check) I think his longest crying jag was about an hour. That was the first night and he's yet to have such a long stretch since then.

Aside from the fact that we are staying in our own beds all.night.long (what a luxury) I am most thrilled with the fact that Yogi is waking up in the cheerful, ready to read books mood that until this crazy remodel he's always had. I had prepared myself to meet a pissy little Yogi on that first morning (after all we had abandoned him, right?!), but he was all smiles. What a welcome change from the grump we've had on our hands over the last few weeks.

Oh sleep, how I have missed you!

4 comments:

So happy for you guys!

A good night's sleep is something I truly feel is unappreciated until you had a number of BAD nights.

I am doing a pro-sleep happy dance for you guys! YAY for sleep and YAY for a happy Yogi. =)

Ah yes, doesn't a great night's sleep make everyone happy in the morning?! You didn't abandon him. You gave him the gift of good sleep!

Huuray! That's the thing with kids...even if they go to sleep grumpy and cranky, they usually wake up with smiles on their faces :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More