Thursday, August 6, 2009

Seven More Days

We've made it halfway through the wait.  I'm feeling a sense of accomplishment in that.  The wife has had the distraction of work and I have had the distraction of....... well.......not working.  Why is it that during the school year all I want is the summer and towards the end of the summer I can hardly WAIT for the school year?  Just another indication that my Dad was right, life really isn't fair.

As of last night, we have agreed that we are not going to test early.  Not gonna do it.  This is another moment where I am struck by the fact that we are damn lucky that this not my body.  I have no self control and I doubt that I would be able to resist the pull of the HPT.  I feel pretty sure I would have been peeing on a stick already.  Sure, I know that there is almost no way that the telltale hormones would be at a detectable level this early, but that wouldn't stop me.  There are situations in which logic holds no sway.   This is one of those situations.  It could happen.....

But, we don't have to worry about that, bc my sensible wife is bio Mom and although she's smaller than me, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to force her to pee on a stick.

1 comments:

Welcome to blogland! And congrats on being halfway through your first tww. I wish you a very speedy trip outta ttc.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More