Friday, April 1, 2011

April Blog Challenge Day #1

INTRODUCING MYSELF

My name is something I haven't disclosed on this blog, but if you were born in the late 70's there were certainly a few of us in your class.  I have one of those kinds of names.  It has the vague ring of cheerleader about it, but I was never the cheer-leading kind.  I turned out to be the writing class/flag girl kind.   I married my beautiful wife three years ago and last August she gave birth to our son Yogi.  I am a social psychologist turned stay-at-home Mom who aims to continue to stay home and write fiction.  It's something of a long shot, but you never know.  My wife FINALLY completed her training (at 33) last August and joined the medical faculty at the university in our city.

FIFTEEN RANDOM FACTS


  1. In elementary school I told everyone who asked that I wanted to be a child psychologist.  This is printed in some 5th grade graduation pamphlet that my Mom still has.  By middle school I wanted to be the person who names lipstick and paint colors.  Big dreams.

  2. I have a mild (maybe moderate) obsession with Virginia Woolf, both her writing and her life.

  3. I am "kicky" by nature.  I get on lunch or breakfast kicks that last months during which I eat the same thing day after day.  I have had a spinach/banana/milk smoothie every morning since December.

  4. My wife loves to push mow the lawn and I find this incredibly hot.  I call her my "yard boy".

  5. I have serious fear of hospitals and illness/disease.  I cannot fathom how or why people watch medical dramas for fun.  It is truly a joke of the universe that I married a doctor.

  6. I LOVE a stripe.

  7. When I listen to  audio books read by Indian narrators I crave Indian food even more than usual.  I also think that is the most lovely accent.

  8. I'm only 5'7" but if you ask me I'll tell you I'm 5'8".  It just comes out.  I really really wanted to be 5'10".

  9. Fall is by far my favorite season.  Fall means leaves changing color and corduroy and weekends in the mountains and back to school.   I love all of it.

  10. Big groups of people (really anything over about 5) is usually more than I am able/willing (?)  to easily deal with.  I can get into a pretty good one-on-one with just about anybody, but when the numbers get so big that I can't really focus in on individuals I get overwhelmed and tune out.

  11. I have a small collection of signed books by authors I love (Dorothy Allison, Jeanette Winterson, Nikki Giovanni, and Leslie Feinberg) that makes me happy.  High on the "grab in case of fire" list.

  12. I love the idea of tea, but I've never gotten into the habit.

  13. My collection of Bare Minerals eye shadow borders on the obscene.  Certainly more than one person could possibly need.

  14. I had originally hoped for a girl, but now that we have Yogi I'm hoping for another boy.

  15. In my next life I hope to come back as a black cat.


THE MOST RECENT FAMILY PICTURE

6 comments:

I like this, I'm learning so much about everyone else. Fall is my favorite season too. LOVE it.

Love the pic!

"I’m only 5’7″ but if you ask me I’ll tell you I’m 5’8″."-honey does this (I'm 5'9" and wish I was shorter)

my stone butch blues was autographed by Leslie feinberg:)

Over here from Jen and Tiff's blog and so excited that you're doing the Great Blog Challenge too! Every Friday, I'll host a linky on my blog that you can use to link yours to, if you'd like.

Looking forward to reading more! :)

What a beautiful family you are! I love the picture.

Numbers 3, 6, 10, and 11 are also true for me, such that I found myself saying, Me too! after each one. However, I am the hot "yard boy" who pushes the mower, not my wife :)

Love the list! Sorry I am late, I have been super sick and trying to catch up! I love Bare
Minerals too and I wanted a girl, but now that we have chunk, I cannot image anything different. Oh, and I would kill to be 5'7 for over here in shorty land.

That's a fantastic family picture!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More