Monday, January 16, 2012

Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere

Today I am grateful. 

It is cold and rainy and my wife will be on call at the hospital all night, but it's a good day.  A day for remembering that love and commitment and an unwavering belief in what you know is right, actually can change the world. 

Martin Luther King, Jr's life and message didn't drive out all of the darkness, but it made a difference.  A big difference. 

At 17 months, Yogi isn't quite ready for the story of the civil rights movement, but I'm eager to fill him in.  Maybe next year he'll be up for it.  There are lots of events around town and I've got them on the calendar for next year.  I think it's important.  I want him to know that there are all sorts of people who helped to make his family possible and the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of them.

1 comments:

My Glory is 2 1/2 and I can't wait to share the message of MLK jr with her. Great post!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More