Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Monkey Belly

Yesterday we went in for Monkey's 2nd well baby visit. Here are the numbers:

Height: 22.5" (85%)
Weight: 10lbs, 12ozs (75%)
Head Circumference: 15" (75%)

It looks like Yogi's got a big, little brother. ;)

At a month old the little dude is clearly rocking and rolling. Although he's a champion breastfeeder and he and my wife have had none of the latch trouble that she and Yogi did, his belly gives him some trouble. He's fairly miserable (crying, fussing, back arching, spitting up) for about an hour after each feeding. My wife has cut out dairy and caffeine and we're keeping him upright for 30 minutes after each meal and that is helping a bit.

We have good days and bad days. I have no idea how I'm going to manage his needs with Yogi's when my wife goes back to work, but for now I'm taking it one day at a time. He will be older then, right? So far I've only had a few hour stretches with both boys by myself.

For now I just keep reminding myself that lots of people have two kids (and many people have twins - bless your patient souls) and that most of those kids turn out ok and very few of those parents are admitted to mental hospitals.

Amen.

1 comments:

Two kids is no joke! It amazes me that so many people do it. I think it is getting easier as MJ gets older but I still get nervous.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More